| Published in Job Listings
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.
Our Phoenix office has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Interior Designer. In this role you will focus on projects for senior living facilities and healthcare facilities including acute care and outpatient services. We are looking for motivated individuals committed to high quality design experienced in multiple phases of design. Successful candidates will be responsible for work on multiple projects, leading junior staff, collaborating on design, guiding/producing construction documentation, product sourcing, preparing presentations and specifications including FF&E.
- Concept design development (solo and/or as part of a team)
- Schematic design
- Design Development
- Construction Documents (above and beyond finish plans and elevations)
- Specifications (working with a specification writer)
- FF&E specifications
- Construction Administration a plus but not a requirement
- Knowledge of building and ADA codes
- Knowledge of appropriate material and finishes selections.
- Space planning
- Presentation documentation skills
- Client presentation skills
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent program.
- Five to 15 years work experience as an Interior Designer.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to work with a team and communicate with clients.
- Previous experience integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
- Team player attitude; collaborative.
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch-Up.
- NCIDQ / CID a plus but not required.
- Interest and commitment to sustainable design.
Please submit a resume and cover letter and portfolio detailing your experience to: HR@cuningham.com.
Benefits and salaries are competitive. Cuningham Group is an equal opportunity employer.