| Published in Job Listings
Position: Interior Architect
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
About the Phoenix Office
The Phoenix office is committed to design excellence, high performance building and client service. We believe that design can elevate the human experience. We have an active Emerging Professionals Group and experienced professionals to mentor and support goals and licensure.
We are looking for an Interior Designer / Interior Architect to work on a variety of projects and tasks as an integral member of the growing Phoenix team in an open and collaborative environment.
- In the role of Interior Designer / Interior Architect, we’ll count on you to:
- Take responsibility for interior design/space planning for projects working closely with the rest of the design team, assisting with conceptual design through construction documents, specifications and construction.
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge of interior design and planning principles, building and planning code requirements, specification preparation and organization, construction costs and methods, and contract preparation and negotiation
- Demonstrate experience in selecting interior details, materials, color selections, furniture and furnishings selections, lighting design, space planning, and detailing
- Build and maintain finishes library; stay current with trends.
- Work with and present to clients on projects of any size
- Coordinate work with other disciplines
- Assist other Interior Designers or team members, and work in all phases of the interior design process
- Assist in construction administration by responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches and visiting the construction site to gather information and/or prepare punch list.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- 3-5+ years of professional experience.
- Successful candidates must possess the desire to pursue growth opportunities, licensure, and possess a passion for succeeding in a team environment.
- Knowledge of interior design materials, finishes, furniture, specifications and pricing.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED is required.
- Must be proficient in Revit Architecture and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), SketchUp
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Portfolio and resume required for consideration
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience in the areas of educational, civic, science and research facilities, and healthcare.
- Environmental graphics and signage design experience
- Rhino, 3D Studio Max and Grasshopper experience
Apply online at: www.hdrinc.com/careers Requisition #144481
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.